Thursday, June 17, 2010

日常生活

Well, I don't think I have any way of topping the TRIP INTO THE LAND OF WEIRD which was yesterday's blog entry, so, uh, yeah. I'm not sure whether to apologize or not.

Today's exciting bit of news: we had our keigo (super polite forms of Japanese) class today, and I had to write an email to a teacher (requesting a meeting with him), and I only got two corrections (both of which were really minor)! YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Other than that...not a whole lot has been happening. Just been doing homework and dying in the heat.

Tomorrow we're going on a field trip to the American consulate in Osaka for a "security briefing" (which I'm pretty sure is code-talk for a recruitment spiel), and then on Saturday we're taking the train to Nara! If you're not familiar with Japanese history, Nara was the first capital of Japan, and this year is their 1300 birthday (something is seriously wonky with that math, though, 'cause the Taika revolution was in 645, not 710...maybe it officially became the capital in 710?), so it's a big, honking deal. Anyway, I don't know how much free time I'll have in the next few days, so expect either very short blog posts or (worst case scenario) no posts at all.

Anything else to report? Hmmm...nope, I don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment