Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Super jet-lagged posting is probably a bad idea

Greetings from a ridiculously large hotel room in Washington, D.C. I'm supposed to be sharing it with other people, but the other people haven't shown up yet, so I have this ridiculously large hotel room to myself. How ridiculously large, you ask? So large that it has a hallway in it. Also, the bathtub is big enough for me to lie down in. I would go do it, too, 'cause I'm terribly jet-lagged, but that would involve, you know, standing up.

Also, I have officially been awake for more than 24 hours. YAY. I'm so tempted to just give up and take a nap, but it's almost noon, and the last thing I want to be doing is screwing up my sleep patterns. ...but I might do it anyway, because I am seriously exhausted and I'd like to be semi-coherent this evening. Plus the bed looks very comfy.

Anyway, orientation starts tonight and then runs all day tomorrow, and then I'm hopping on a plane and flying for a really long time (about 15 hours not counting layover, I think) to Japan.

In other news, when I went to get my seat assignment last night, the gentleman behind the counter asked me if I was old enough to be sitting in the emergency aisle. And apparently he didn't believe me when I said that I was, in fact, older than 15, because he decided to reseat me in a non-emergency aisle.

Well, I think I'm going to go pretend that I will maybe take a nap now. More updates when there are actual things to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment