Tuesday, July 13, 2010

先生と一緒に友達のように話すのはちょっといやな感じだよね

It is friggin' pouring right now, and I kind of want to just go outside and stomp in puddles like a dork. But I can't 'cause my host mom thinks I'm crazy for liking rain. SADNESS.

In other news...not a whole lot happening over here. I had my oral exam today, which went okay, other than having to speak casually with my sensei. IT WAS SO WEIRD.
Sensei: Stop using "hai" [for "yes"]. When you're talking with friends, you have to use "un."
Me: I'M SORRY, BUT THIS JUST FEELS REALLY WEIRD.

In other news, I'm trying to decide whether I want to make a power point presentation for my final presentation. On one hand, it would be nice to have pictures, but on the other hand, it would also probably make people completely tune out what I'm saying, which isn't particularly good. Hmm.

In any case...I really don't have a whole lot else to talk about. I just need to study. A lot. I should go do that now.

Man, this blog has gotten really boring recently. Apologies to everyone still reading it.

Oh, wait, a random thing. I had something which was supposed to be macaroni and cheese tonight. My mom got a recipe for macaroni and cheese from another host family, but I have a sneaking suspicion that they really didn't understand what it was supposed to have in it, 'cause one of the main ingredients of the recipe was mustard. Anyway, I don't think my host mom used the recipe exactly, but she made something which was supposed to be macaroni and cheese and...well...it was an unusual taste experience. It wasn't bad per se, but it wasn't macaroni and cheese either. In any case, I told her that I'd translate my mom's recipe for her, although I don't know how easily I can do that, 'cause a Japanese cup is a different size from an American cup, and I'm not sure if there are conversion charts out there. There probably are. I need to look for them. Once I finish studying my brains out.

Okay, gonna go study now. BYE BYES.

P.S. Opal, yeah, it's the same word. I don't know why it isn't coming up in dictionaries. Now that I think about it, I've heard 運動 used in the "protest" sense before, but I just assumed that it was some sort of weird exercise that I'd never heard of.

No comments:

Post a Comment