Monday, July 19, 2010

I am typing this while wearing a yukata, just FYI

Guess who has internet! Or, technically, guess who is leeching off of free internet. Yeah, whoo, go me.

I am really tired, so I dunno how long this'll be. I'll try my best, though.

So today I hopped on the bullet train with the rest of my classmates and rode to Hiroshima. From Hiroshima we rode on another train, and then a ferry to Miyajima, where the temperature was approximately hotter than should be legal. At Miyajima, we walked around a little bit, and then took a crazy bus (seriously, it was like an amusement park ride...but real; I thought I was going to puke) to sky cars, which took us to the top of the mountain. It. Was. Excellent.

However, it was DISGUSTINGLY HOT. So we took the sky cars back down again, and went to our hotel, which is a really nice ryokan, where we collapsed on the floor for about an hour. Then we went out again, walked around a bunch, and then came back for dinner, which was, as always, really good. It was a set menu, like at the onsen. A lot of the same sorts of foods too.

Then half of our roommates went out (there are four of us in our room), and the remaining two of us went down to the bath (it's in the basement). And now we're chilling in our room, and my roommate is watching television. It's a very strange show in which small children are sent out to do things. Like right now, a three year old is being sent out to take the bullet train to his dad's restaurant. It's...very strange.

Okay, I'm exhausted, so I'm gonna sleep now. G'night.

P.S. This is post #50. WHOO, GO ME.

P.P.S. Also, regarding yesterday's post, someone pointed out that Supira in 「借りぐらしのアリエッティ」 is most likely Spiller.

1 comment:

  1. Do you have a step-by-step account of how to put the yukata on correctly now?

    ReplyDelete