Saturday, July 31, 2010

Pictures (part two): Tetsugaku no Michi and Osaka

More pictures! Yay! The pictures in this post correspond to this post. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in June. Are you feeling なつかしい yet? I am. I totally am.


You're now on Tetsugaku no Michi (the philosophers' path)! You have been warned.


This is what the philosophers' path actually looks like. Lots of shade, which is nice, because it was hot.


This will only make sense to one person. To that person:

I have fulfilled my duty.


My classmates attempting to be cute Japanese girls and failing pretty spectacularly.


Can you spot the gaijin? I mean, besides writing her wish in English, she wanted completely different things than everyone else.






The gardens at Ginkakuji. Be happy I'm not subjecting you to the 50 million pictures I took of them.

(SEE? MOSS. RIGHT THERE. Coolest garden ever, yes/yes?)


I just thought this was a pretty awesome staircase, even though we couldn't go up it.


Aerial shot!

Wait a minute, you mean there's buildings here too? Maybe we should take pictures of them.

....nah.

(I actually did take pictures of the buildings. But they're kind of boring.)


Trees! Lots of trees!

Okay, onto Hon'en'in.


Needless to say, the upkeep wasn't terribly stellar.

But this was a cool moat/canal thing.



Rock gardening!


Kind of twisty tree thing?

Seriously, not a whole lot there to look at.


This was a shrine we walked past but I couldn't go in because we had a Schedule to Follow. PFT.


Buildings! Buildings at Eikanji! (Also my classmate looking perplexed.)




Have I mentioned how much I love heights? I love heights so much. I think I posted exactly the same picture from Hu-san, but HERE, LOOK AT IT AGAIN.


Pretty gardens! Again!


The aqueduct at Nanzenji.


The outside of Nanzenji.



Purification by incense. It makes me cough. I avoid it, whenever possible.


Here we go, my ONE picture of Osaka! My, that was exciting.

I guess Nara is next. My more exciting (read: tiny shrine) pictures come near the end of the trip, so....sorry about that.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, did you actually catch in your picture real Osakan jaywalkers weaving through cars with the green light???

    ReplyDelete